If I Could Tell You How It Feels…Introduction

The painful memories and shame of my trauma were palpable. That shame kept me from exclaiming, “I’m a survivor!”

I felt the safest hiding behind the mask of what I thought was “normal.” One day, in answer to my friend’s question of how it felt to live with PTSD, I wrote a poem and risked the vulnerability of sharing it with family and close friends.

Soon writing became my way of expressing how it feels to try and cope with, relate to, and safely express my feelings. What I couldn’t verbalize, I found I could write.

Sometimes we just want to say, “I may look okay on the outside but, If I could really tell you how it feels…”

From the Introduction of If I Could Tell You How It Feels ….. Release date soon on Amazon in both paperback and ebook formats.

35 thoughts on “If I Could Tell You How It Feels…Introduction

1. tonyroberts January 16, 2018 / 6:37 am

“Writing is my light from the darkness and has taken the form of books, blog posts, articles and simple prose. To be seen, to be heard, and to connect can be a catalyst for growth and change.”

Your truth so beautifully expressed it describes my truth and many others.

2. Sharon January 15, 2018 / 5:21 am

<3! I cannot wait to have this book in hand.

3. Alexis Rose January 15, 2018 / 4:05 am

Thank You E! I appreciate your support so much!!! ❤️❤️

4. Alexis Rose January 15, 2018 / 4:03 am

5. Alexis Rose January 15, 2018 / 4:03 am

Ohhhhh thank you so much. I cant even begin to tell you what it meant to read this right now. Me and my sweet emotional support dog, Leilani wish you and Teddy a good night. ❤️

6. E January 15, 2018 / 3:52 am

Alexis, a new book?! Great! And on such an important topic. It steals our voice. I love this: Even though I yearned to share with friends and family how it felt to live with a past full of abuse and neglect, I couldn’t say the words. – as you say, writing becomes one of our best therapies. Congratulations.

7. Lilly Rose January 15, 2018 / 3:41 am

You are amazing, and such an inspiration. Can’t wait to read it!

8. teddythedogtalks January 15, 2018 / 3:14 am

I just ordered your other book on Amazon. Can’t wait for this one. Thank you for writing. It helps me with my own PTSD💜

9. bone&silver January 15, 2018 / 2:15 am

That is wonderful, well done to you for all your hard work, perseverance, & honesty. And to the good loving people in your life who support and encourage you with love. Blessings, G

10. Secret Keeper January 15, 2018 / 2:01 am

“If I could tell you how it feels was the internal mantra that I used in my early days of therapy. Even though I yearned to share with friends and family how it felt to live with a past full of abuse and neglect, I couldn’t say the words.” YES.

11. Michelle Malone January 14, 2018 / 11:31 pm

I’m so excited for you and all the people who will be blessed by your testimony. I can hardly wait to read it and review it. 😀

12. Alexis Rose January 14, 2018 / 8:08 pm

I have both of those. How about if I email you when its released which will probably at the end of this week or the 23rd. Sound good?
    And yes, you can definitely copy and paste the intro.

13. iwalkwithalimp January 14, 2018 / 7:30 pm

Great! Do you have photos of the book covers/backs that I could use? You can email them to me at iwalkwithalimp@gmail.com. I’d also like to use the intro you just posted. Can I just copy and paste it onto my page?

14. Alexis Rose January 14, 2018 / 6:35 pm

Absolutely! Thank You!! ❤️

15. iwalkwithalimp January 14, 2018 / 6:12 pm

Looking forward to reading your new book. May I have your permission to promote it, and Untangled, on my blog site?

16. agoodlittlegirl January 14, 2018 / 4:58 pm

It’s difficult when from appearances a person seems okay, but oh, the agonies we hide.

17. Alexis Rose January 14, 2018 / 4:08 pm

18. Jim January 14, 2018 / 1:54 pm

“one day at a time, one thing at a time” is what I say and try to follow. hang in there. 🙂