My Tender Circadian Rhythm

My tender circadian rhythm
does not like to Fall back
or Spring forward.
It feels confused and lost
in the fog.
My usual disturbed and restless
sleep now has an assistant of
early a.m. risings; 3,4,5,6
oh, forget it, I’ll just get up!
I know it’s just for a few days
and mine is not the only complaint.
But it’s 3 a.m. and I’m wide awake
feeling that irritability song rising
to a crescendo.
I’ll stumble as I wait for my
tender circadian rhythm to remember
that it’s all okay
and part of this is
the November gray.

©Alexis Rose, image source Pinterest, visualizeuscom

17 thoughts on “My Tender Circadian Rhythm

1. grace to survive November 8, 2017 / 11:17 am

Yes, fortitude, patience and persistence… The patience part is a little tricky… : )

2. Alexis Rose November 7, 2017 / 9:51 pm

Oh, that’s frustrating! Hopefully they will start to sleep in.

3. Alexis Rose November 7, 2017 / 9:48 pm

I cant figure out why they still have it. Hopefully we will all adjust soon.

4. Lady Quixote November 7, 2017 / 9:09 pm

Our dogs do not understand the time change, either. They must now wait an hour after sunrise before going outside, because when they go outside they bark, and when they bark they awaken my stepdaughter who lives in a trailer in the back yard, and she likes to sleep until she has just 30 minutes to get ready to go to work. So now I am spending my first hour every morning arguing with 2 dogs. Sigh.

5. aspiringherbalist November 7, 2017 / 8:12 pm

I have always struggled with seasonal changes and then the time change really just throws me out of whack! I used to appreciate the extra hour in fall but my children have now made it impossible to sleep in, so I’ve decided it should all just end and stop messing with us! You’re not alone 😊

6. oneta hayes November 7, 2017 / 8:08 pm

And for some reason I’m sleeping later than usual with only my biological clock. Of course, I’m still staying up as long as always on my biological clock. Cute blog, Alexis.

7. ghostmmnc November 7, 2017 / 5:41 pm

I wish they’d do away with the time changes. I don’t like it, and I know most people don’t. Just leave it one way or another! 🙂

8. Alexis Rose November 7, 2017 / 12:56 pm

You too!! Long days with early sundowns. We’ll get through this! ❤️

9. grace to survive November 7, 2017 / 12:17 pm

This is what I experience too, every year, twice a year. So sorry to hear about the early wakings. That is so hard, and makes the next day extra challenging too. Hope you even out very quickly.

10. OIKOS™-Redaktion November 7, 2017 / 10:24 am

Thank you for posting. We, and also our reader love qualified postings and information. Have a nice day. 😉 Michael