An Amazing Interview Opportunity

I have never broken from using my pen name on my blog until this post. I was honored to be interviewed by this fabulous show a few months ago and I noticed it’s on youtube so I thought I would share it with you.

One of the reasons I agreed to be interviewed is that one of the hosts is a teenager who asked some wonderful, poignant questions about what to do if a friend is being abused.

There are two parts (both really short). Please Take a listen. I hope you enjoy it.

Behind the Voices – w/ Alexis Rose (part one).  https://youtu.be/SPzLnyNkJyQ

Behind the Voices – w/ Alexis Rose (part two). https://youtu.be/M_z75TW7SWE

41 thoughts on “An Amazing Interview Opportunity

1. Alexis Rose August 24, 2017 / 12:09 pm

Thank You Brigid. That really means a lot to me!
    I hope you had a wonderful, peaceful holiday. I love that you unplugged for a while. 💕

2. watchingthedaisies August 24, 2017 / 9:46 am

I am playing catch up after my holidays and I am so glad I checked out what I missed. I so enjoyed this interview. You will have inspired so many and it was great to see you sparkling. 🌼🌼🌼

3. Alexis Rose August 14, 2017 / 11:49 am

😊 thanks. That brought on a first thing in the morning laugh. ❤️

4. smilecalm August 14, 2017 / 5:38 am

a worthy
    youtube
    promoter
    of well-being
    star 🙂

5. Blue Sky August 12, 2017 / 4:00 am

You did such a wonderful job! It was very nice to “meet” you!

6. rabbitpatchdiary.com August 12, 2017 / 2:36 am

I am glad to know you too . Your courage may be just the inspiration someone else needs to heal. godspeed and may you have many perfect moments filling up your days. love Michele

7. Alexis Rose August 12, 2017 / 1:44 am

Wow, thank you so much. You brought tears to my eyes just now. Im glad I took the risk of sharing the interview and emerging even more from the shadows today. Im so glad we’ve connected and that I get to visit your rabbitpatch. ❤️

8. rabbitpatchdiary.com August 12, 2017 / 1:04 am

As aspiringherbalist said-I do feel like I met you in a different way-You were just beautiful to me. Your sweet spirit showed up in this interview. You seemed so natural and not a bit nervous. You are a warrior-and nothing less.

9. Over Thinker John August 11, 2017 / 11:35 pm

Thank you Alexis for allowing us to view your video. So nice of you to share to help others. John.

10. manyofus1980 August 11, 2017 / 9:04 pm

wonderful! I will reblog this. its important. xx and well done!

11. Christy B August 11, 2017 / 8:34 pm

Alexis, well done! You’re speaking up about a tough topic and doing so confidently ~ Keep going 🙂 Also, nice to put a face to the name!

12. Alexis Rose August 11, 2017 / 7:06 pm

Thank You, Sarah!! Wow, thats awesome feedback. You totally just made my day. ❤️

13. bethanyk August 11, 2017 / 5:07 pm

Yes! I was s glad.sometimes it takes another’s words to put together your own understanding. That was the case last night

14. bethanyk August 11, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Me too. I really was amazed at our similarities.
    And you just dd such a good job advocating and educating. I was so proud of you!
    She was a doll!

15. First Night Design August 11, 2017 / 4:55 pm

Hello, Evey! It was so good to see and hear you in person, especially having read the book, which knocked my socks off with its use of language and the horrific abuse you endured. You come over so well that I think you should be doing lecture tours!
    Sarah x

16. fioza August 11, 2017 / 3:59 pm

Such a brave and courageous act to speak about such an uncomfortable subject in from of an audience 🙂 Wonderful job, your courage inspires me to be able to be more vulnerable in my writing and speaking ❤

17. Rayne August 11, 2017 / 3:47 pm

This is so cool! Nice to see you! 😉

18. Alexis Rose August 11, 2017 / 2:16 pm

Thank You, Anne and thank you for watching it. You know what freaked me out the most? I had NO makeup on at all, because I was so unprepared to be on camera. I felt like a ghost white object being filmed. I even forgot a copy of my book to show. Hahahaha…but it all worked out. 😃❤️

19. aspiringherbalist August 11, 2017 / 1:43 pm

Wonderful interview! I’m so grateful to have “met” you more intimately through this venue. Thank you for sharing and your honesty. I also think Voices in the Valley is such a great idea and hope these types of shows keep popping up more and more in everyone’s areas! You didn’t seem nervous to me😄. Great job! ~Anne

20. Sylvan August 11, 2017 / 12:49 pm

A lovely and insightful interview despite the subject matter. (hope that comes across as I intend?!).

21. Alexis Rose August 11, 2017 / 10:52 am

Thank You Tina. That really means a lot to me. Hmmm, Maybe one day we can Skype a cup of tea with each other! ☕️❤️

22. Alexis Rose August 11, 2017 / 10:50 am

She was such a doll, wasnt she. I was so impressed with her questions and insight at such a young age. Yes, I was the quiet so I would stay invisible kind of kid at school. I just assumed all adults were dangerous.

23. Alexis Rose August 11, 2017 / 10:45 am

Thanks for watching it and your kind words Bethany. Im so glad to hear you had an epiphany (geez is that okay for me to be glad about? 😔) and could trace back 3 years ago in your own life. It feels good to know we are not alone on this survival healing journey. ❤️

24. mychildwithin August 11, 2017 / 9:23 am

How lovely to ‘see you’ speak about your experiences. I can see your warmth & lovely personality. It is so wonderful you are doing so much to raise awareness! If only I could have a cup of tea with you and chat about life! ❤

25. bethanyk August 11, 2017 / 7:16 am

I did watch some of part 2 because i wanted to hear her questions. She was so sweet and you gave such great insight! I was that silent kid too! If someone would have asked even if i didnt speak i would have known one person cared

26. bone&silver August 11, 2017 / 7:15 am

That was great to see, thank you for sharing of yourself : ) G

27. bethanyk August 11, 2017 / 7:10 am

I just watched part one. It is 3 am so I will watch part 2 tomorrow. You are so well spoken. You are such an advocate for those of us with trauma and PTSD. You have reallly given me an epiphany and I knew about your daughter but it just really hit me that I was so much like you. My daughter got sick 3 years ago and since then it has been a whirlwind of emotions and memories and therapy and i believe somehow when she got sick the “globe” as you said just broke and everything came forth. And I am still processing it. I did not realize that was when this all hit me until you said that in your interview!