Alive in this Perfect Moment

Your senses notice the sky ablaze with color.
The sun emits a soft steady light
while slowly sinking into the depths
marking the close to another day.
You are alive with the beauty of knowing
that this is a perfect moment.

©words and photo: Alexis Rose

21 thoughts on “Alive in this Perfect Moment

1. Alexis Rose July 5, 2017 / 8:51 pm

Thank you so much for your beautiful words. ❤️❤️

2. Alice Wong July 3, 2017 / 5:37 pm

Your words are beautiful, and no matter what your brain tells you, I believe that you, too, are beautiful. As a person who has also been battling with mental illness, I always tell people that while pain does harm, pain also allows us to treasure moments and the present much more than the others. Your words here reminded me of a poem that I wrote half a year ago, when I had moments of relief from depression. Here’s the link if you’re interested and do let me know your thoughts on them

Here’s to more days filled with healing from literature and beauty from words.

3. Alexis Rose June 27, 2017 / 1:41 am

That is beautiful!! Thank You for sharing that with me. It immediate made me exhale.

4. Eccentric Elayne June 27, 2017 / 1:15 am

This reminds me of some words from Osho, “the heart doesn’t question what is beauty. it simply knows what beauty is when it sees it”.

5. Alexis Rose June 22, 2017 / 11:51 am

Yes, thanks Rosy. I would be honored. ❤️

6. Rosy Kirk June 22, 2017 / 11:25 am

I just noticed the share option! Thanks
    Love you and

Love your heart!

7. Rosy Kirk June 22, 2017 / 11:15 am

May I share some of your posts on the OULA community inspiration page?

8. Singledust June 22, 2017 / 5:18 am

beautifully captured in such tender words. I was totally drawn in to your landscape

9. Alexis Rose June 21, 2017 / 4:41 pm

Thank You for reblogging this post. 💕

10. velmadunkin June 21, 2017 / 2:07 pm

Love this. My favorite thing in life is watching the sunset over the ocean. I miss that