Natures Silent Reverence

From the dustiest of deserts

to the lush trees hanging heavy with Spanish moss

there is a feeling of reverence.

The roar of the waves as they hit the cliffs and break

or the gentle lapping of the lake against the shore

the sun reflecting diamonds and colors against the water

bring tears of reverence.

From red rock formations with the vortex of healing energy

to the tallest peak of the snow topped range.

Solid, ancient, awe-struck, reverence.

Listen to the silence, the wind, the water. Stop talking, stop judging, just listen.

Accept the beauty that surrounds you, envelops you, become one, breathe deep, connect.

The beauty is not asking anything from you, it doesn’t care how much you weigh, what your income is, how many earthly possessions you own. It is simply nature, silent, reverent.

©words/images, Alexis Rose

31 thoughts on “Natures Silent Reverence

1. thesilence2017 May 15, 2017 / 3:08 pm

Sure is, Nature is just like me. Thanks for the post, God bless you Alexis.

2. Alexis Rose March 22, 2017 / 2:37 am

Thank You for reblogging this post, Jason. 😃

3. Alexis Rose March 21, 2017 / 2:15 am

Thank You so much for your wonderful comment. It really resonated with me. Beauty among us even when we hurt; is so insightful! 💕

4. Secret Keeper March 21, 2017 / 1:48 am

I love this all so much. A call to slow and stop and look around. All is not bad. There is beauty among us even when we hurt. Listen to something other than the voice in my head. Love the idea that nature expects nothing of us in return, it is only there for us to explore, take in, and be. Thank you for such beautiful imagery to think about. Many wise words in this poem.

5. S.W. Biddulph March 19, 2017 / 6:28 pm

Wow, really? I would have never known that poetry was “a stretch” for you. You hide that very well. I will be watching for more in the future. Best wishes, Scott

6. Alexis Rose March 19, 2017 / 5:15 pm

Thank you! I really appreciate your feedback. I always, always hesitate before I hit the publish button for most things I write, but especially my poetry. Poetry is such a stretch for me. I have never studied the rules, but when Im compelled, I go for it. I think because I typically write and speak about mental health, its a way for my brain and creativity to “just be.” I love how you describe how it teaches us discipline in diction and to be economical with our word choices. That is so true!

7. S.W. Biddulph March 19, 2017 / 4:49 pm

I love poetry. I have come to love superb narrative, lyrical poetry, and I’m a sort of neo-formalist in my own style of poetry. Poetry teaches us discipline in our diction, and to be economical with our word choices. It’s no easy task. This was truly beautiful and unique.

8. Nancy March 18, 2017 / 10:14 pm

Beautifully penned, Alexis. I particularly like the last stanza. ❤

9. This field was intentionally left blank March 18, 2017 / 9:57 pm

I love the this post!! So many wise words, such kind messages (multiplayer!) 😊 I also love the images! One of my favorite places/regions ❤️

Cheers!
    ~The Silent Wave Blog writer/Laina 🌟🌟

10. @vapor_sage March 18, 2017 / 8:09 pm

I think I may use that, You of course, can if you like due to being my muse on that one

11. Mary March 18, 2017 / 3:59 pm

Beautiful!!

12. @vapor_sage March 18, 2017 / 2:20 pm

It’s available for all to behold and let it fill their soul. If we could all strive to give of ourselves the way nature provides for us.