Untangle the strings that hold you hostage

Untangle and let go of the strings

that hold you hostage.

Take the step to know yourself, free yourself

be kind to yourself, feel joy.

Rest in that perfect moment, the arms of silence.

Feel the breath in the present and nod to the hopes for a future.

rope

©Alexis Rose, image source: pexels

30 thoughts on “Untangle the strings that hold you hostage

1. Alexis Rose March 6, 2017 / 3:19 am

So cool! Take your time, it will emerge and be perfect. 🤗

2. bethanyk March 6, 2017 / 2:12 am

The first one was called The Secrets of Lilly Lake. It was my first book of poetry that I published last year. My Body Speaks is my second book of poetry. I am working on my memoirs, but that is taking more time than I had anticipated. It is HARD to relive, re edit, etc.

3. Alexis Rose March 5, 2017 / 10:51 pm

Im starting to collaborate on a new book next week. Im super excited.

4. Alexis Rose March 5, 2017 / 10:50 pm

My Body Speaks. How did I miss Lilly Lake? They must have come out within a few weeks of each other? I remember when you were writing the book, I think I thought this book was it. How did the first one sell?

5. bethanyk March 5, 2017 / 10:01 pm

Did you buy Secrets of LIlly lake or My Body Speaks. Yes, sometimes you have to let them sit with you. I did that with your book. I started reading and couldnt put it down but I did halfway through the day to think about what you had been through

6. Alexis Rose March 5, 2017 / 10:00 pm

All I needed was an update. Good to go! Read half of it, but slowing down because I want to feel the words too. Lovely poems. ❤

7. Alexis Rose March 5, 2017 / 9:45 pm

The feeling is 100% mutual. Im so grateful we’ve connected Bethany. You are so inspiring to me.

8. bethanyk March 5, 2017 / 9:34 pm

Thank you so much for buying it. I truly appreciate you

9. Alexis Rose March 5, 2017 / 9:33 pm

I will let you know when I’ve figured it out. I want to be sure and be able to give you a 5-star review! 😁

10. bethanyk March 5, 2017 / 9:23 pm

Well darn! I’ve opened it on my Ipad, my phone, kindle app, but I have not tried on windows. I hope it is an easy solution. Please let me know. I know that my computer cannot read kindle formats so I have to have an actual kindle app on the computer

11. Alexis Rose March 5, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Thank You so much for reblogging this Bethany. Hey, I bought your book, downloaded it on my Kindle but it says Im unable to open it on Windows 8. Im still trying to figure it out. 👍🏼

12. Alexis Rose March 5, 2017 / 2:15 am

Thank You, Nancy. Yes, I think we hope by us sharing our pain and survival it gives support. ❤

13. Nancy J March 5, 2017 / 12:07 am

Inspirational poem, Alexis. I know it will encourage those who struggle. My hope is that all survivors become overcomers. I know you feel the same. And who better to reach a victim or struggling survivor than one who has suffered in the same ways.

14. Alexis Rose March 3, 2017 / 11:14 pm

Oh, thank You my friend! That means the world to me. ❤🤗

15. Singledust March 3, 2017 / 10:37 pm

this so true it hurts to read and acknowledge Alexis – we don’t love ourselves deeply enough to allow ourselves joy. always thankful and joyful to have your words in my life.

16. This field was intentionally left blank March 3, 2017 / 10:28 pm

Gorgeous piece, Alexis 😊 I love your writing ❤️
    ~The Silent Wave Blog writer/Laina 🌟🌟

17. Soul Gifts March 3, 2017 / 5:57 pm

Such a lovely poem 🙂 The arms of silence – love that !

18. Mary March 3, 2017 / 4:27 pm