Easing into Spring

The whispers playing off the breeze

entice us to look closer

at the bouquet of color rising up

from winter’s cool hands.

We catch our breath and like

water rushing around the rocks

we ease into spring.

crocus-1960864__340

©Alexis Rose, image: Pixabay

21 thoughts on “Easing into Spring

1. NIKESH LILANI February 26, 2017 / 3:25 pm

But I definitely see you as a nature poet. Cause, your poems are simply very fascinating.

2. Alexis Rose February 26, 2017 / 3:23 pm

Wow, thank you. That is a very nice compliment. I don’t think of myself that way.

3. NIKESH LILANI February 26, 2017 / 2:26 pm

Just… just beautiful. A beautiful poem about a season I love. And nature is beautiful and so is its poetry. Beautiful again! You seem to be a nature poet.

4. joliesattic February 20, 2017 / 4:11 pm

It was dreary here. Misting all the time is like a gnat you can’t get rid of. You can still do stuff, but it’s just not as fun. With all the damp here, we’ll be infested with mosquito’s once it warms up, so it’ll be a trying year either way. LOL

5. Alexis Rose February 20, 2017 / 4:04 pm

So true!! We were lucky over the weekend here. Even got to be outside for walks. 😃

6. joliesattic February 20, 2017 / 3:57 pm

I can hardly wait for spring. We’ve had an unusually unrelenting winter. I love sun. Perhaps more so because we’ve seen so little of late. I guess that’s why there’s winters.

7. Alexis Rose February 18, 2017 / 3:06 pm

Maybe someday, when I move to Tahiti, I’ll be saying, “remember that thing called snow, and waking up to minus 10 degrees and having to walk to the dog?”
    Hmmmm, maybe I dont have to move as far as Tahiti! 🙂

8. Alexis Rose February 18, 2017 / 2:58 pm

Thank You…I may be jumping the gun for spring, but I think we needed this right now. 🙂

9. Alexis Rose February 18, 2017 / 2:57 pm

We do here in MN, but this past week it has been in the 50’s!!! 🙂

10. gr3ncha February 18, 2017 / 2:49 pm

The poetry takes my mind to a vivid place where things blossom.