Self-doubt, is that you knocking? Come in for tea!

A rare, but familiar knock on my self-esteems door.

Come in for tea, Self-doubt and tell me what you think of me.

Self-doubt sips it’s tea and begins to play the old tapes, the drone of familiar chants.

You’re not good enough, not worthy, not well enough, smart enough, you’re a poser.

The fear and rejection hangs in the air between us as it tells me all the reasons

I shouldn’t try or that I should give up.

I listen, with respect, compassion, and a loving ear because I know

Self-doubt wouldn’t come uninvited.

When I’ve heard enough, I thank Self-doubt for the visitΒ and say we’re done with tea.

I show it out the door, shake it off, take a deep breath and

reset my sails into the wind, as Self-doubt fades onto a distant shore.

I may hear this rare, but familiar knock on my door again, and if I do

I’ll invite it in for a cup of tea and listen with a loving compassionate ear.

shadow

Β©Alexis Rose, image: pexels

34 thoughts on “Self-doubt, is that you knocking? Come in for tea!

1. emergingfromthedarknight February 18, 2017 / 7:44 am

Great Post i am not sure self doubt ever fully goes away..its so powerful to acknowledge your vulnerabilities..just lovely 🌱

2. Malini February 17, 2017 / 2:53 am

You are welcome. Thanks a lot for considering 😊

3. Alexis Rose February 17, 2017 / 12:16 am

Yeah, it helped me find my truth. You are absolutely doing the right thing by not forcing it. It will come when its supposed to. One day you will be compelled to write. Its good to take good self care.

4. TheOriginalPhoenix February 17, 2017 / 12:14 am

Gah my book is so bare bones right now I can’t guarantee anything. But I want to make it happen because there’s an answer I’m searching for and I think writing the book will help me find it.

5. Alexis Rose February 17, 2017 / 12:10 am

I agree. I have loved downloading, reading and giving a great review on Amazon from our little blogging community. Write your book so we can support you too! πŸ’•

6. TheOriginalPhoenix February 17, 2017 / 12:07 am

I think I will πŸ™‚ it just makes me happy to be able to support a smaller author for once. Microinfluencers are where it’s at!!!

7. Alexis Rose February 17, 2017 / 12:05 am

Thats wonderful! Thank You. I hope you like Untangled. πŸ€—

8. TheOriginalPhoenix February 17, 2017 / 12:04 am

You’re welcome! (BTW I just bought your book for my Kindle. Finally saved up enough. I kind of want to write a book review for it when I’m done!)

9. TheOriginalPhoenix February 16, 2017 / 11:46 pm

Ah I see. It’s very well written!

10. Alexis Rose February 16, 2017 / 11:29 pm

No, its something that came to me at 5 am after a very vulnerable couple of weeks.

11. TheOriginalPhoenix February 16, 2017 / 10:44 pm

Is this an actual excerpt taken from your book?

12. Alexis Rose February 16, 2017 / 10:12 pm

Yes, we are Mrs Poppet! πŸ˜ƒβ€πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ€—β€

13. summerSHINES February 16, 2017 / 8:43 pm

I feel more vulnerable. I really do. Its difficult to manage isn’t it…but we’re doing well Mrs 😊 πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

14. Alexis Rose February 16, 2017 / 8:41 pm

Yes, I always need to reevaluate after each opportunity so I can stay relatively grounded and keep the feelings of vulnerability in check. Im super proud of all your opportunities this week!!

15. summerSHINES February 16, 2017 / 8:05 pm

I have those for tea at the moment too πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ It’s because we’re untangling ourselves and stepping into the media world I reckon πŸ˜˜πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

16. Ms. SG41 February 16, 2017 / 7:26 pm

Me too. It was beautifully written and very inspiring. We all get that knock from time to time. It takes a strong person to acknowledge and let it go. xoxox

17. Alexis Rose February 16, 2017 / 7:23 pm

Thank You. I have to admit, I thought twice about hitting publish this morning. Im glad I went for it. πŸ€—

18. Alexis Rose February 16, 2017 / 7:22 pm

Thank You, Rayne. I really appreciate that. β€πŸ€—

19. Alexis Rose February 16, 2017 / 7:20 pm

Thank You so much for the nomination Malini! I appreciate your kind words and this nomination so much. Im notoriously bad at follow through on these nominations but will do my best to follow through on the post. Thank You so much! Have a wonderful day! πŸ€—

20. Rayne February 16, 2017 / 6:54 pm

Oh, I love this! So inspiring! πŸ™‚

21. Alexis Rose February 16, 2017 / 3:34 pm

Thank You so much for reblogging this on your site. πŸ™‚