Mental Health Writer’s Guild

I’m proud to be a member of the Mental Health Writer’s Guild again this year both as a member author and a member blogger. You can follow Mental Health Writers Guild blog at https://mentalhealthwritersguild.wordpress.com/

You will find interesting posts from Kevin, guest posts and links to both mental health authors and bloggers.

mhwgmemberauthor2017mhwgmemberblog2017

23 thoughts on “Mental Health Writer’s Guild

1. Alexis Rose March 3, 2017 / 12:21 am

I think you can contact the website to be involved. I’ll check out your blog 😃

2. shatterinsanity March 3, 2017 / 12:06 am

Congratulations! I would love to be involved with something like this. I’ve been having troubles in my life and I finally decided to start a blog about it having to do with mental illness and sharing my experience with it and how to cope. Shatterinsanity.blog please check mine out I’d think you would find it very interesting!

3. Alexis Rose February 13, 2017 / 5:38 pm

Thanks. Just checked it out and followed you! Glad we’ve connected, Julia.

4. shamimsobhani February 7, 2017 / 1:47 pm

Congratulations, well done Alexis! Just started following you!

5. Alexis Rose January 21, 2017 / 3:37 am

Go ahead and email them. I bet you’ll be able to join too.

6. Serenitytalk87 January 18, 2017 / 5:11 pm

Great post. Serenitytalk.blog has a lot of information on mental illnesses. Be sure to check it out and follow!

7. Alexis Rose January 13, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Open heart surgery is a GREAT way to describe it. I have to work this morning. I’ll be sure to read and respond to your email when I get home this afternoon. xx

8. Lynda Lee/@LadyQuixote January 13, 2017 / 12:25 pm

Thank you so much, I will send you an email right away so I don’t lose track of your email address.

Yes I am much better, although still a bit weak.

About the Hemingway quote: I believe people like you and me have to go far beyond opening up a vein and bleeding. In our case, it’s more like doing open heart surgery on ourselves, without anesthesia.

When I was a student nurse, I stood on a footstool at the head of a patient and observed a triple bypass surgery from start to finish. So I know what open heart surgery looks like, and really, that’s what this feels like!

9. Alexis Rose January 13, 2017 / 12:15 pm

Oh my gosh, I hope you are feeling much better! There is some wicked stuff going around right now. Get good rest!
    Yes, writing a memoir is so hard. I think people have the illusion that its a piece of cake. I love the quote by Henningway: there is nothing to writing, you just sit at the typewriter and bleed. With the kind of memoir you (and I) write it can be excruciating. As you take a break from blogging and feel like you want to connect for writing support and cheerleading feel free to email me. atribeuntangled@gmail.com. I needed lots of “you can do it” support in the process. The one thing I always kept in mind is that even if Im the only one who reads this, my truth is told. Sending you blessings my friend. Take good care! 💕

10. Lynda Lee/@LadyQuixote January 13, 2017 / 11:56 am

This is a great reminder, I need to update my membership, too.

I wanted to let you know that I mentioned you in this post, as being an inspiration to me:

I hope and pray I can get my memoir finished quickly, because I am taking a break from blogs until that huge job is done, and I really miss my blogging friends. Writing a memoir is so HARD. But I keep telling myself, “If Alexis can do it, I can do it!” 🙂