She listens with more than her ears

She listens with more than her ears.

The light from her soul

and the joy in her heart

illuminate the world around her.

Silently saying a prayer, she feels

the comfortable beat of her heart

as she flows to the music within.

alexis-rose©Alexis Rose, image: pixabay

front-cover-biz-card-final

12 thoughts on “She listens with more than her ears

1. Barbara December 18, 2016 / 5:41 am

Thank you for these beautiful words today.

2. Alexis Rose December 17, 2016 / 3:05 pm

Thank You for the reblog. Wow, I stopped for a moment and revisited how I think about hyper vigilance (which is one of my most frustrating symptoms). I love your insight. Have a good weekend! 🙂

3. PatchworkKat December 17, 2016 / 1:51 pm

Reblogged this on The Patchwork Diaries and commented:
    If I had to choose a “benefit” of enduring traumatic experiences and suffering from PTSD, it would have to be the hyper vigilance, and the way it connects you on a deeper level to the world around you. Just like the author describes in this beautiful post. None of it is ever fun, but it does afford a deeper appreciation for the subtle eccentricities of the universe. Go check out the post!

4. flashlight batteries December 17, 2016 / 5:34 am

This line grabbed me, “She listens with more than her ears.” What a great descriptive line.

5. Alexis Rose December 16, 2016 / 10:40 pm

Oh Im so sorry your heart is aching. Im glad you felt some good energy from the poem. Im sending you some loving support this weekend. 💕

6. emergingfromthedarknight December 16, 2016 / 9:43 pm

This is so beautiful my heart is aching with such deep pain today..this brought so much beautiful energy to a lonely tough morning..thank you 💖

7. Alexis Rose December 16, 2016 / 7:06 pm

❤ Hello Mrs Poppet❤ Im glad this was soothing. Ugh…the depression ebbed for a day and then came back. Im glad you cried and are saying adios to 2016. I have listened to the video you sent me of the guy encouraging us that, “this too will pass” a few times this week. Sending love, love, love across the big wavy pond to my lovely! 😘😘😘

8. summerstartstoshine December 16, 2016 / 5:01 pm

Hello beautiful 😊 This was beautiful. Very soothing to read. How’s the depression hun? Any better? I had my last therapy sesh before Christmas and cried the whole time, letting go of a difficult year. Thinking of you and your illuminating light always 😊😊😊