The Secrets of 1,000 Lifetimes

The secrets of 1,000 lifetimes

lay within those deep dark eyes.

When she sits upon the water, she shares her burden

with the ancient ears of the seas.

Breathing in, she closes her eyes

feels the crest of the wave wash over her.

She is at Peace.

alexis-rose

Β©words and photo: Alexis Rose

front-cover-biz-card-final

19 thoughts on “The Secrets of 1,000 Lifetimes

1. Singledust December 31, 2016 / 12:50 pm

this is so powerful Alexis! I feel the peace you write about as she allows the waves to wash away the pain. Beautifully strung words my dear!

2. Alexis Rose December 18, 2016 / 2:43 pm

Thank You, Jason! I just posted how its minus 20 degrees here this morning. The picture in the post you reblogged of my daughter sitting by the ocean in Belize looks even more inviting this morning.

3. Opinionated Man December 18, 2016 / 2:31 pm

Reblogged this on HarsH ReaLiTy and commented:
    Check out her blog, poetry, and her book on her site!
    Note: Comments disabled here. Please visit their blog.

4. Alexis Rose December 13, 2016 / 12:57 am

Thank You, Nancy. It is definitely one of my favorites. πŸ™‚

5. Alexis Rose December 11, 2016 / 4:28 am

Thank You! πŸ€—β€οΈ

6. Alexis Rose December 11, 2016 / 3:20 am

That made me laugh! I bet it was awesome and the only haiku to a pencil out there. πŸ˜€

7. albatrosswingxoxo December 11, 2016 / 12:08 am

Your poetry is better than mine. I once wrote a haiku to a pencil. It that isn’t an epic fail, I don’t know what is lol

8. Nancy J December 10, 2016 / 6:42 pm

Lovely, Alexis. It is evident this comes from deep inside. ❀ you.

9. PatchworkKat December 10, 2016 / 6:15 pm

You’re welcome! I was trying to think of an introduction for my reblog and decided to let the post speak for itself. Very good πŸ™‚