Nestled In the Valley

Nestled in the valley

hugged by strong arms sprinkled

with snow, guarded by

the softly swaying trees

we breathe in the safety of peace.

safety-of-peace

Featured Image -- 1029

23 thoughts on “Nestled In the Valley

1. watchingthedaisies December 5, 2016 / 3:45 pm

My pleasure Alexis. You are an inspiration. Wishing you LOTs of JOY this festive season. God bless. xx

2. Alexis Rose December 5, 2016 / 3:43 pm

Thank You! Yes, the warm air of Florida is the best place for you. The snowy cold hunches up those muscles…well, maybe just my snow, crabby frowny muscles. 😉
    Love to you Nancy! Have a great day my friend. 💕💕💕

3. Alexis Rose December 5, 2016 / 3:38 pm

Thank you SO much for reading my book and for putting a review on Amazon. I really appreciate that. The reviews help people find the book when they search online. Thank You! ❤️❤️

4. Nancy J December 5, 2016 / 3:16 pm

Lovely way to turn a frown upside down during snowy days. I am happy I live in Florida. 😎 My body cannot tolerate the cold anymore but I love snow and the way you described it. Snowy hugs, Alexis. ❤

5. watchingthedaisies December 5, 2016 / 3:14 pm

I love this poem Alexis and I love your book. I read it all in one sitting! I shall put a review on Amazon next. I felt very humbled and inspired reading it. You are quite a woman. God bless.

6. fightingtheminotaur December 4, 2016 / 8:40 pm

Yea. Wierd, huh?

When I see snow, I think: “clean”, “peaceful”, “magical”.

I remember all the good times I had with friends sledding in Valley Forge park and all the memories of taking my son to that same place so many years later. In fact he made me promise to take him again this year at the next decent snowfall!

Thanks Alexis, and be well,
    Theseus

7. Alexis Rose December 4, 2016 / 7:43 pm

Thank You! I didn’t realize snow symbolized death. It’s pretty when it first falls and its pristine and bright. Have a good Sunday! Alexis

8. fightingtheminotaur December 4, 2016 / 6:27 pm

Untangled, greatly enjoyed your poem.

Snow is often assumed to symbolize death (Robert Frost “Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening,” but I’ve always enjoyed the snow for the peaceful stillness and silence it brings. I always find snow very centering, even rejuvenating. And on a moonlit night, a good coating of snow sparkles and shines as if the ground were covered with an endless blanket of diamonds or stars.

Thanks for sharing this!
    Theseus

9. Alexis Rose December 4, 2016 / 6:00 pm

I think drink in the peace and being in a state of peace. ahhhh, both sound blissful! 🙂

10. Serena Bradshaw December 4, 2016 / 5:13 pm

Nicely done. In the last line are you breathing in a “state of” peace; or drinking in the peace? I do like the calm of your writing here.

11. shellb39 December 4, 2016 / 4:54 pm

Oh YES! Thank you! This is exactly where I’m finding it this moment!

Shelley

12. inkbiotic December 4, 2016 / 2:53 pm

Love the poem, snow works well as an idea, the reality is more shiversome.

13. albatrosswingxoxo December 4, 2016 / 2:44 pm

Bring the snow here. It is not that Christmassy enough here. :-/

14. Alexis Rose December 4, 2016 / 2:22 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooo…… 🙂 🙂

15. Alexis Rose December 4, 2016 / 2:20 pm

This morning as I shoveled my driveway, I was in a mood…so I thought I would try to turn my frown upside down. 🙂

16. albatrosswingxoxo December 4, 2016 / 2:16 pm