Embers of the Afterglow

Turning around to see where I had been

I noticed the sun tending to

the embers of the afterglow.

Etching the memory deep into my mind, and spirit

I walk away with a sigh while filling up with strength and courage

knowing that this is a perfect moment.

beach-1597352_1920

©Alexis Rose, photo:pixabay

18 thoughts on “Embers of the Afterglow

1. Opinionated Man November 3, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Reblogged this on HarsH ReaLiTy and commented:
    Visit her blog for great poetry, writing, and info on her book Untangled!
    Note: Comments disabled here. Please visit their blog.

2. Benevolent_Son October 30, 2016 / 4:35 pm

You’re more than welcome, Alexis! You’re an excellent writer, and you have much to feel proud of 🙂 Blessings!

3. Alexis Rose October 30, 2016 / 2:12 pm

Thank You Caroline. That means a lot to me!! 🙂

4. carolineturriff October 30, 2016 / 11:12 am

What a beautiful poem so poignant and evocative although its so short!

5. Blooming Lily October 28, 2016 / 12:40 am

Beautiful. 🙂
    Also wanted to let you know – my blog has gone private. If you request access, I’ll be happy to let you in. xx Lily

6. Alexis Rose October 27, 2016 / 7:09 pm

You are awesome just the way you are. no kicks in the arse needed. xx 🙂

7. Alexis Rose October 27, 2016 / 7:08 pm

Thank You so much! That really means a lot of me. I tried to put myself into a feeling place vs. a word place (which is hard for a blog post sometimes). I’m so glad you felt the comfort. Have a wonderful afternoon/evening. 🙂

8. summerstartstoshine October 27, 2016 / 2:55 pm

And you are a perfect friend 💖 I’m sorry I’ve been so bad at communicating. Your video last week was so kind. I will try and give myself a kick up the arse and do you a video soon okay lovely one 😘

9. my valiant soul October 27, 2016 / 2:39 pm

Amazing write-up.

10. Benevolent_Son October 27, 2016 / 1:40 pm

Few words spoken and shared, yet I can’t help but read them over and over again as I feel a sense of comfort. Beautifully worded – well done!