The Present needed the Past

The door heaved open

exposing the dark, dusty gloom of the past.

Walking into, and resting in each room

the light began to pour in

from all the love she feels in the present.

The past and the present began

to live together, sometimes contentious

but with a newly learned respect.

Intuitively, she knew her present

needed her past, so she could

learn, change and grow.

©Alexis Rose

dust-1523106_1920

photo:pixabay

21 thoughts on “The Present needed the Past

1. PTSDandbeyond October 12, 2016 / 11:52 am

What a beautiful way to put what can be a hard experience is therapy and healing.

2. Alexis Rose August 31, 2016 / 11:43 am

Thank You Penny. Thats a great way to put it! 💜

3. Penny Lane August 31, 2016 / 9:57 am

love it! its good to send it out there before self doubt takes over x

4. Alexis Rose August 30, 2016 / 11:31 pm

Thank You Gina, that means the world to me my friend! 💕💕💕

5. Singledust August 30, 2016 / 11:26 pm

such a lovely journey of self-reaslisation….i have often been afraid of closed doors and opening to see whats on the other side…..good confrontation of past and present for future healing……..loved this burst from you Alexis….lots of love Gina

6. Lottie@RrR August 30, 2016 / 3:57 pm

The posts people are not sure whether to publish are right from the soul, which is why it feels exposing to publish them 😘😘😘

7. Alexis Rose August 30, 2016 / 3:53 pm

Thank You so much! I really appreciate it. It was a do I or don’t I decision to push publish this morning. It was do I accept the past or push it away. Im glad I went for it. 💜❤️💜

8. Lottie@RrR August 30, 2016 / 3:47 pm

This is gorgeous my darlin x I love it, and love you ❤💛❤

9. Alexis Rose August 30, 2016 / 2:59 pm

😃 Thank You! That one just exploded out of my brain this morning. So before I could change my mind, I pushed publish.