Since Seventeen

21 thoughts on “Since Seventeen

1. Alexis Rose August 10, 2016 / 2:39 am

Thank You! I love the story of your mother in-law and her bestie. Thats awesome. Im glad you and your sister have that double bond of sis/friend. Thats is something that is life long and solid! Thans for sharing this with me. 💜 Alexis

2. joliesattic August 10, 2016 / 2:04 am

Beautiful! My mother in law in her mid 80’s still has her best friend. She lives in New York while my M-law is here in CA but they’ve never wavered. I love that bond. My bond is with my sister since having lost many friends already.

3. Alexis Rose July 13, 2016 / 5:11 pm

Thank You Jackie, that means a lot. Couldnt imagine walking through life without her. 😀

4. Alexis Rose July 12, 2016 / 12:30 pm

Thank You Serena. I totally agree!! Have a wonderful day today. 🙂

5. Serena Bradshaw July 12, 2016 / 9:05 am

Friendships like these are the bread of life. Thank you for sharing this.

6. Janet July 11, 2016 / 11:45 pm

I feel so blessed to have my friendship with Alexis! We’ve held each other up so many times in our lives and can’t imagine life without Alexis as my friend. 😄

7. Alexis Rose July 11, 2016 / 11:05 pm

Thank You! Yes, I am grateful for Janet. She is one of the first friends I made when I moved to MN when I was 17. 😃

8. bethanyk July 11, 2016 / 11:02 pm

You both look so happy. That friendship is priceless!

9. Alexis Rose July 11, 2016 / 8:34 pm

Thank You Ann! I was feeling very emotional the other day after we hung out together. I woke up at 5am and this came pouring out of my head. 💜

10. Ann E. Laurie July 11, 2016 / 8:04 pm

I love this photo and that you had a forever friend. You guys look so darling together. : )

11. spearfruit July 11, 2016 / 6:39 pm

I love this post Alexis – I think it is rare finding and holding on to a special friendship! You both are very fortunate and I am happy for you and your friend – very special! 🙂

12. Wendy July 11, 2016 / 5:11 pm

Yep – they are few in number for me (just 1) but massive in terms of importance in my life and the ability to really ‘be myself’ – she gives me a kick when I’m trying to be someone else – haha! x You have a brilliant day too – enjoy x

13. Alexis Rose July 11, 2016 / 3:41 pm

Thank You Wendy! I feel extremely fortunate to have a few people in my life that no matter what happens we can always be our messy selves. Have a wonderful day. 💜 Alexis

14. Wendy July 11, 2016 / 3:21 pm

There is something about our childhood friendships that enable us to ‘pick up where we left off’ regardless of the time and distance that has separated us – a bond that remains and re-establishes again in the instant of meeting up. We are lucky when we have that continuing friendship for so long! Lovely to read about yours. x

15. Alexis Rose July 11, 2016 / 2:24 pm

Thank You for your comment. I totally agree, I think its a good way to stay grounded in the present. Have a wonderful day! Alexis

16. zeiglerjac July 11, 2016 / 2:08 pm

Beautiful!!

17. wonderdaze July 11, 2016 / 1:48 pm

This thought has been going through my head for a few day: We need to remind each other how capable we are. Friends, old and new – we can do this for each other.