Listen with more than your ears

She listens with more than her ears. The light

from her soul and the joy in her heart illuminate

the world around her.

Silently saying a prayer,

she feels the comfortable beat of her heart as she

flows to the music within.

she listens with more than her ears

©Alexis Rose

photo:pixaby

8 thoughts on “Listen with more than your ears

1. atribeuntangled April 29, 2016 / 12:11 pm

Thank you! I always love when you comment. Its a beautiful share. I so love the honesty in sharing both your struggle and your way to health. Life is full of new beginnings, and talking/writing about those is its own validation. Glad we are connected. Alexis

2. carolineturriff April 29, 2016 / 11:45 am

Such an evocative poem. I love “The light from her soul and the joy in her heart illuminate the world around her.” Because so much of how we perceive the world is because of our internal landscape which thankfully can be changed. When I had a nervous breakdown and developed severe OCD the world was an incredibly threatening place that was so dangerous that if I didn’t spend 10 hours a day doing crazy OCD rituals I would be raped, murdered or my house would burn down. Also for 5 years I was unable to leave my home overnight because I was so fearful it would be robbed or burn down. I couldn’t watch the news either as I thought terrorist groups were going to kill me. Now I have recovered from the PTSD that caused the nervous breakdown and the OCD, the world is a far less threatening place. In fact I feel incredibly lucky to live in a relatively safe prosperous country with no earthquakes or natural disasters. I am happier and more peaceful than I have ever been and now that all my mental health problems are finally in recovery I feel like my life is really beginning. Thanks for following my blog.

3. atribeuntangled April 25, 2016 / 1:03 pm

Thank You! I love your feedback, beautifully written. Its a windy morning here, Im going to watch my trees dance. Alexis

4. the_tovarysh_connection April 25, 2016 / 11:37 am

Beautifully written. I agree that we all have our inner rhythm, song, that helps us move forward. One thing that also brings me joy is watching the trees on my land dance in the breeze, for isn’t everything in motion, contrary to what many think. Thank you for sharing this poem.

5. atribeuntangled April 24, 2016 / 11:40 pm

Thank You! I hope you are listening to those intuitive messages. Im so glad you shared that with me. Alexis

6. K E Garland April 24, 2016 / 11:15 pm

“as she flows to the music within” I’ve gotten so many signs about intuition lately. I enjoyed this piece.

7. Jacqueline Zeigler April 23, 2016 / 2:45 pm