The Waves of the Sky

The sky is a beautiful shade of deep blue.

The puffy white clouds moving at a meditative pace, changing shapes as they roll overhead.

The waves of the sky.

Gazing at this wondrous expanse, with a seemingly empty mind, I’m quickly brought back to reality.

The pain; that gut wrenching emotional pain, the reality of my symptoms.

They return because just as I was mesmerized by the sky, I was triggered by a long ago memory.

A memory when I looked to the sky for help, for escape.

Today, I am sitting with the unpleasantness of the truth, while also deciding that although it may feel unpleasant, I do not have to suffer.

I’m resting in the power and knowledge of my truth.

I take a deep breath knowing that I don’t have to give myself permission to enjoy the perfect moments. I can just allow it to happen.

I can surf the waves of the sky, just as I can surf the waves of emotion, the waves of life.

The sky is indeed beautiful today, as beautiful as awareness and hope.

sky-1256943_1920

14 thoughts on “The Waves of the Sky

1. atribeuntangled April 20, 2016 / 12:12 am

Well, a perfect moment and then that old-second arrow that was trying to remind me how spent I was.

2. atribeuntangled April 20, 2016 / 12:08 am

Yes, thank You. I wrote this when I had to remember to recognize a perfect moment. Alexis

3. kalison0515 April 19, 2016 / 11:58 pm

It seemed to me this piece was about intention, and the choice you make in how to be in a particular moment.

4. vshakvamantz April 9, 2016 / 4:07 am

This is something I have to comment on. I used to have a compulsion to chase down breezes in the wind outside…ok, I HAVE a compulsion. To this day I still don’t know why, but this post made me just feel one. Precious!

5. Sharon April 6, 2016 / 3:19 pm

Looking forward to all future posts by you Alexis Rose!

6. atribeuntangled April 6, 2016 / 10:17 am

Thank you Jackie. I always appeciate your feedback. 💖 Alexis

7. jacquelineobyikocha April 6, 2016 / 8:54 am

This is utterly beautiful. I agree in surfing the meditative waves of life and the clouds. Take care

8. atribeuntangled April 5, 2016 / 12:40 pm

Thank You so very much! This made my morning 🙂

9. shristress April 5, 2016 / 6:22 am

So simply written. That’s what makes it so beautiful my