Someday…

Someday, I will again be able to go to the library spending hours rejoicing in all the colors and the choices it has to offer.

Someday, I will again be able to go to the grocery store, or any store for that matter and not get overwhelmed by the choices.

Someday, I will be again able to drive on long meandering road trips and not get overwhelmed by the cars and the quickness and speed that everything happens on the road.

Someday, I will again be able to enjoy the sound of fireworks without having it trigger a flashback.

Someday, I will again be able to take a deep breath and not be scared of the everyday noise of the world.

Someday, I will feel safe…I am safe, but I will also feel safe.

Someday…but not today. Today I am still easily triggered by my PTSD symptoms. It’s that time of year…it happens, it’s part of coming to terms with my past and dealing with the effects of my trauma.

But Someday, I know, it will be different!

©Alexis Rose

sunrise-1178921_1920

photo borrowed from pixabay

28 thoughts on “Someday…

1. atribeuntangled April 7, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Thank you for your beautiful and supportive words. This is what keeps me motivated. ❤️

2. Roos Ruse April 7, 2016 / 7:13 pm

Someday you and the world will be all right again. Keep moving forward, Brave Soul.

3. Gama April 4, 2016 / 7:08 pm

Great post, all the best get well soon

4. Nitin March 23, 2016 / 4:30 pm

Hope is really important.. Wish you speedy recovery…

5. atribeuntangled March 20, 2016 / 3:20 pm

Thank you for reading and commenting. I really appreciate it. Yes, thats fear can be difficult sometimes. I wish you all the best too. Lots of support from me to you!

6. gm1123 March 20, 2016 / 12:40 pm

I know a little about having post stress. I’m a highly anxious, nervous person. Those qualities exaggerated by a traumatic brain injury. Although it was 15 years ago, I am still fearful and anxious on a daily basis. But I do live my life and go places. I work and play. But I do get overwhelmed most everyday and quite scared often. I wish you the best.

7. atribeuntangled March 18, 2016 / 12:20 am

Triggers, triggers everywhere! Hopefully a day without triggers is in both of our futures! ❤️

8. Jacqueline Zeigler March 18, 2016 / 12:10 am

Yes, each person’s triggers are different. The worst ones are those I haven’t experienced before. They come out of the blue, often at a time or place or picture which triggers a reaction. You know it’s real, but then you connect it to something even deeper that happened long ago. Aha! That’s why I’m afraid to go for walks, either alone or with someone else. THAT happened when I was walking.with. her.

9. atribeuntangled March 17, 2016 / 11:20 pm

Thank You! I wish you could see the huge smile on my face! Thank You for your beautiful, supportive words.

10. ellenbest24 March 17, 2016 / 11:01 pm

Some day you will find a way to raise above with ease, and when you do i hope I am near to give you the round of applause.

11. jacquelineobyikocha March 16, 2016 / 4:46 pm

Let me use the opportunity to invite you to the Bloggers brunch that I am hosting over the weekend Saturday – Sunday. I believe it will be fun to mingle with others. The invitation is titled, It’s Brunch Party Time. I will send one out again tomorrow. My regards.

12. atribeuntangled March 15, 2016 / 4:29 pm

Thank You! That means the world to me. And I appreciate your reading my posts and your comments . They keep me motivated to write.

13. joliesattic March 15, 2016 / 4:06 pm

Someday you WILL be better!! Someday you WILL feel safe and do all the things you used to. It WILL happen!